We’ve recently had an issue with creating users in our Ektron 8.0.1 installation where we could no longer create users. The error we got was:
Error cms_addUser: Error[cms_SetupDefaultNotificationPreferencesForUser]:
Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_notification_preference_default'.
Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.notification_preference_default'.
Still, the Ektron provided fixes are simple enough (although by no means intuitive!):
- Restart Ektron Windows Services
- Perform a full eSync (from Synchronisation screen)
If the above doesn’t work try this:
- Backup database…just incase
- Remove any entries from [perform_action] table with an action_priority of –8
- Get the maximum PreferenceID from [notification_preferences_default]
SELECT MAX(PreferenceID) FROM [notification_preferences_default]
- If the [max_table_number] value in [max_entries] table for [table_name] notification_preference_default is less than the maximum preference id then update it to the maximum value plus two.
To save any potential issues with this, I’ve written a quick SQL script:
NOTE: All the changes are performed in a transaction (which is rolled back), you’ll need to change the script so that it Commit the results when you’re happy.